2014.03 WP10: Data Consumption Facilities Development Monthly Activity By Task and Beneficiary
From IMarine Wiki
This WP10 Activity Report described the activities performed in March 2014 by Beneficiary and Task.
It is part of March 2014 Monthly Activity Report.
T10.1 Data Retrieval Facilities
- gCube Data Transformation Service transition into RESTful service has been completed. gDTS corresponding client libraries have been implemented.
- Execution Engine Service has been split into three modules; one for clean installation, and two other carrying Search and gDTS dependencies, for ease of deployment.
- FullTextIndex platform independent:
- FullTextIndex capabilites have been merged along with the ForwardIndex capabilities in the new RESTful Index Service. Related ticket #2721
- Index enhancements:
- gCQL parser enhancements to better exploit the underlying capabilities. Related ticket #2722
- Bug fixing:
- Data fusion dependency problem with gcf on the new application containers. Related ticket #2728
- Preparation for release as well as integration with the new index service.
- Smartfish Index exploitation by gCube Search. Related ticket #2723
- Resource Registry:
- RR has been refactored to discover the new type of Index Service.
- Finished deliverable D11.4
(normally these activities fall under T10.4)
During this period FORTH activities revolved around:
- Improving X-Link library in terms of offering enhanced connectivity of the identified entities, as well as their enrichment with semantic information. Related ticket #2672
- Revision of the XSearch wiki page. Related ticket #2136
- Preparation of the next version of the MarineTLO-Warehouse (v4)
In the context of iMarine FORTH has designed and developed a framework for constructing MarineTLO-based warehouses. Two publications that acknowledges the support of iMarine and has been accepted for publication are the following:
- Y. Tzitzikas, N. Minadakis, Y. Marketakis, P. Fafalios, C. Allocca, M. Mountantonakis and I. Zidianaki. MatWare: Constructing and exploiting domain specific warehouses by aggregating semantic data. In 11th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC’14), Anissaras, Crete, May 2014.
- M. Mountantonakis, C. Allocca, P. Fafalios, N. Minadakis, Y. Marketakis, C. Lantzaki, Y. Tzitzikas. Extending VoID for Expressing Connectivity Metrics of a Semantic Web Warehouse. 1st International workshop on Dataset PROFILing & fEderated Search for Linked Data (PROFILES’2014) – co-located with ESWC’14. Anissaras, Crete, May 2014.
- No T10.3 activity this month
T10.2 Data Manipulation Facilities
Complete (the Task was active from M3 to M26 i.e. December 2013)
T10.3 Data Mining and Visualisation Facilities
Complete (the Task was active from M3 to M27 i.e. January 2014)
T10.4 Semantic Data Analysis Facilities
Complete (the Task was active from M4 to M27 i.e. January 2014)