1st TCom Meeting: Agenda
From IMarine Wiki
The 1st iMarine TCom meeting, hosted by FAO, is taking place from 14th-16th March 2012.
Building passes must be collected at the main entrance, which is located just outside the metro exit. Bring a valid ID.
The full three day meeting is organized to host Technical, Thematic, and Working Sessions.
Technical Session - March 14th, 09:00 - 18:00 CET.
This session focuses on short WP/Task presentations reporting the vision driving the WP/task work, the impact of this work on iMarine and beyond (data infrastructure), the potential issues and risks in implementing this vision and the plans to achieve this vision (highlighting the dependencies on other task activities). For each slot please notice the time suggested for the presentation and the time that has to be left for the discussion.
- 09:00-09:40 WP7 - Bringing Maven to gCube -- 20 minutes presentation + 20 minutes discussion (ENG - Gabriele Giammatteo)
- Integration Step and Workplan
- 09:40-10:30 T9.1 - Data Access and Storage -- 20 minutes presentation + 30 minutes discussion (FAO/CNR - Fabio Simeoni)
- The Evolution of Data Access & Storage
- The Storage Library and its back-end
- 10:30-11:40 T9.2 - Data Transfer Service -- 20 minutes presentation + 30 minutes discussion (CERN/NKUA)
- 10:30 T9.2 - New Data transfer -- 10 minutes presentation + 20 minutes discussion (CERN - Andrea Manzi)
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:20 T9.2 - gRS2 extensions -- 10 minutes presentation + 10 minutes discussion (CERN /NKUA)
- 11:40-12:10 Geospatial Data management -- 10 minutes presentation + 20 minutes discussion (Terradue - Fabrice Brito, Francesco Barchetta)
- 12:10-12:50 T8.3 - PE2ng evolution -- 15 minutes presentation + 25 minutes discussion (NKUA)
- 12:50-14:00 Lunch Break
- 14:00-15:00 T8.1/T8.4 - The evolution of Resource Management -- 30 minutes presentation + 30 minutes discussion (FAO/CNR - Fabio Simeoni / Manuele Simi)
- 15:00-16:00 T8.2 - Security -- 20 minutes presentation + 40 minutes discussion (E-IIS - Ciro Formisano)
- 16:00-16:20 Coffee Break
- 16:20-16:50 T10.1/T10.2 - Data Retrieval and Manipulation -- 15 minutes presentation + 15 minutes discussion (NKUA)
- 16:50-17:25 T10.3 - Data Mining -- 15 minutes presentation + 20 minutes discussion (CNR - Gianpaolo Coro)
- 17:25-18:00 T10.4 - Semantic Data Analysis -- 15 minutes presentation + 20 minutes discussion (FORTH - Yannis Tzitzikas)
- 18:00 End of Day 1
Thematic Session - March 15th, 09:00 - 18:00 CET.
This session hosts the iMarine clusters (biodiversity, geospatial, statistical, semantics) discussion. Each cluster presents the activities performed and showcases the prototypes implement so far. The scope of each session is to clarify the vision driving the definition of the cluster requirements and illustrates the foreseen exploitation of the resulting facilities in iMarine (who will exploit them, starting from when, …). The discussion will also clarify how to prioritize the facilities planned in the technical WPs to meet the clusters expectations.
- 09:00-10:10 Geospatial cluster: status, opportunities and plan - 70 minutes
- 09:00-09:30 GIS infrastructure and GIS Viewer - 30 minutes (CNR - Gianpaolo Coro, Pasquale Pagano)
- 09:30-09:50 THREDDS infrastructure and WPS - 20 minutes (Terradue - Fabrice Brito)
- 09:50-10:10 Spread - 20 minutes (FAO - Emmanuel Blondel)
- 10:10-12:30 Biodiversity cluster: status, opportunities and plan - 120 minutes
- 10:10-10:40 Federating biodiversity resource providers: the Species Service - 30 minutes (CNR)
- 10:40-11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:00-11:30 Performing Data Analysis: the bioclimate case - 30 minutes (CNR - Gianpaolo Coro)
- 11:30-12:30 Discussion moderated by FAO
- 12:30-14:00 Lunch Break
- 14:00-15:40 Statistical cluster: status, opportunities and plan - 100 minute
- 14:00-14:20 Entity Mapper - 20 minutes (FAO, Fabio Fiorellato)
- 14:20-15:40 Codelist Management and Timeseries Management - Discussion moderated by FAO and CNR
- 15:40-16:00 Coffee Break
- 16:00-17:40 Semantic cluster: status, opportunities and plan - 100 minute
- 16:00-16:20 FAO/IRD: : RDF production from IRD’s large databases
- 16:20-16:40 FAO/FORTH: FLOD-xSearch interaction
- 16:40-17:40 Discussion moderated by FAO
- 17:40 End of Day 2
Ecosystem Operation Session March 16th, 09:00 - 9:45 CET
- 09:00-9:45 Ecosystem Operation - 45 minutes
- 09:00-09:20 Ecosystem status and plans - 20 minutes (CERN - Andrea Manzi)
- 09:20-09:30 Runtime Resources Integration - 10 minutes (CERN - Andrea Manzi)
- 09:30-09:45 gCube Portal Bundle - 15 minutes (CNR - Massimiliano Assante)
Working Session - March 16th, 09:45 - 17:00 CET
This session hosts the topic specific parallel working discussions.
- Session 1 - Morning
- Integration of the new Accounting and Billing Service (CERN, FAO, CNR, NKUA, E-IIS)
- Infrastructure availability and monitoring: RMP evolution (CNR, CERN)
- Session 2 - Morning
- Array DBs as a backend for iMarine data (timeseries etc) (NKUA, CNR, FAO)
- WCPS Aggregator infrastructure (NKUA, Terradue, CNR, FAO)
- Session 3 - Afternoon
- WP11 general discussion (WP11 members)
- Session 4 - Afternoon
- PE2ng evolution and statistical analysis service (Gianpaolo Coro and Gerasimos Farantatos).