From IMarine Wiki
Meeting Notes 18.07.2013 14:00 - 15:00
Present: A.Ellenbroek (FAO), Rachel Lewsley (NEAFC), Anthony Early (NEAFC)
- It is not immediately possible to start developing against FLUX requirements.
- There is a draft specification for position records in XML, but no final format or tooling
- Rachel will contact DG MARE on this again
- Pending that outcome, the opportunity will not be pursued
- There is a more concrete opportunity with ICES
- ICES needs on-line access to NEAFC database, but such facility does not yet exist
- We can propose to develop this in iMarine; a VRE offering a search on NEAFC data
- The VRE would be accessible only after approval of the ICES VRE Manager, results would be stored in a Secure WorkSpace
- The VRE would send a query to NEAFC’s database, and NEAFC would post back the results. There is no NEAFC data accessed other than through one component, managed in the NEAFC infrastructure.
- This component marshals the query requests and posts back the result set; it would be developed under subcontract by NEAFC.
- It would be an independent piece of SW, to ensure sustainability.
- iMarine is to connect to and / or embed this SW component, and enable the storage of results, provide lay-out and design of the UI
- We will focus on topic 2 above for this subcontract
- A.Ellenbroek to provide NEAFC with a draft functional proposal by Tuesday 23 July
- We will contact ICES with a draft plan. Carlos Pinto at ices.dk is the contact for NEAFC
- We invite CNR after the meeting next week to comment on a written draft proposal.
- FAO NEAFC will have another call Thursday 25.