The TBTI Virtual Research Environment
From IMarine Wiki
The TBTI Virtual Research Environment is established to provide members of the Too Big to Ignore initiative (http://toobigtoignore.net/) with an environment for experiencing with the gCube services.
The Too Big to Ignore is a global partnership for the future of small-scale fisheries. It is a new research network and knowledge mobilization partnership established to rectify the marginalization of small-scale fisheries in national and international policies, and to develop research and governance capacity to address global fisheries challenges.
The main facilities this VRE offers are:
- Reporting facilities: to enable users to collaboratively produce reports consisting in complex documents characterised by well defined structures (templates). Via this facility, users can define new templates as well as collaboratively create new reports compliant with defined templates. Reports might contain diverse elements ranging from texts to images and tables, and such constituents can result from objects stored in the user workspace. Reports can be materialised in multiple formats including PDF, HTML and OpenXML;
- Documents Workflow facilities: to enable users (i) to define complex workflows (including steps and roles users should have to perform certain steps) governing the production of gCube documents, (ii) to instantiate such workflows to actual documents to be collaboratively created, and (iii) to monitor workflow execution;
- Workspace: to enable every user to store and organise the information objects he/she is interested to work with. In addition to that, the user is allowed to collaborate with other users by sharing objects and messages;
- VRE Management: to enable authorised users (i.e. VRE Managers) to manage other users using or willing to access the VRE. VRE Managers are enabled to (i) authorise users in accessing the VRE, (ii) assign or withdraw roles to users, (iii) remove users, and (iv) send a communication to the current users.
No data source is planned.
- (DONE) gCube 2.16.0 (July '13);
- (DONE) gCube 2.17.0 (December '13);
- (DONE) gCube 2.17.1 (December '13);
- (DONE) gCube 3.0.0 (March '14);