2013.01 WP5: iMarine Data e-Infrastructure Deployment and Operation Monthly Activity By Task and Beneficiary
From IMarine Wiki
This WP5 Activity Report described the activities performed in January 2013 by Beneficiary and Task.
It is part of Monthly Activity Report.
T5.1 iMarine Data e-Infrastructure Operation
CERN was involved in the investigation of production incident tickets related to Search and process Execution. In addition the scheduled downtime at CNR ( described in the deviation part) has requested CERN to perform some service restart and check the status of the infrastructure.
A new version of the GHN distribution ( maven based) was finalized and released for gCube 2.12.0
A new version of the GHN distribution ( maven based) has been released for gCube 2.12.0
We had a scheduled downtime from Saturday 11th to monday 13th, due to a complex maintenance of the power network in the server room. This required the full restart of all the infrastructure.
T5.2 iMarine Data e-Infrastructure Nodes Provision
- CNR has been keeping up and running the provided nodes hosting GHNs, UMD and project management services.
- It has been implemented a new architecture of the connections between the hosts and the data on the storage servers that has improved at the same time performance, safety and scalability.
- Two new nodes for the cassandra cluster production.
- node31.p.d4science e node55.p.d4science upgraded with 1 more GB of RAM to run external scripts to evaluate the performance of PE2ng in the production environment.
Full restart of the infrastructure due to power network cut.
NKUA has been keeping up and running the provided nodes hosting GHNs, UMD and the gcube wiki. Any issues have been resolved immediately. At this period NKUA had a scheduled downtime on Sunday 13th of January, due to power network maintenance. Additionally during this month we extended the functionality of gcube wiki by installing XML2Wiki component.
- Added XML2Wiki extension to gcube wiki.
No Activity to report.
None to report
No activity. However, R. Froese from GEOMAR will visit FIN in February and we will discuss what are the possibilities to get a new server there.
T5.3 iMarine Data Infrastructure Availability, Monitoring and Accounting
A new version of the Messaging components have been released for gCube 2.12.0
Release of a new version of the messaging components for gCube 2.12.0