2011.12 WP2: Project Management Monthly Activity By Task and Beneficiary
From IMarine Wiki
This activity report documents the activities performed in November and December 2011. It is integral to Activity Report of the period.
T2.1 Scientific Coordination
- Organization of the kick-off meeting
- Preparation of initial versions of MoUs with the TELDAP and EMI initiatives.
- Establishment of contacts for the preparation of the MoU with the GeoWOW project.
- Identification of recovery plans for a number of unexpected situations
- Participation in the Workshop “'Discovery Reinvented? The Promise of European Open Science' Royal Society workshop, 14 December 2011, Brussels
- Organization of a three days kick-off meeting;
- Monitoring and supervision of scientific, strategic and technical activities in the period;
- Organization of monthly SB (6 December 2011) teleconference;
- Drafting of a number of cooperation MoUs with external project and initiatives;
- Achievement of Milestone MS4: Formation of the Project Management Boards.
T2.2 Project Strategy
- Organization of the Monthly SB (6 December 2011) and validation of the minutes prepared by ERCIM
- Communication with some members of the iMarine Board to plan follow-up activities
T2.3 Executive Management
A technical overview of gCube system was prepared and presented at the project kick-off meeting. The procedures governing the production of software and the operation of the infrastructure was also presented to the new partners. The monthly PEB was organized the 5th of December 2011. A wiki for internal activity reporting was designed and set-up. The structure of the wiki for Infrastructure and VREs operation was also prepared and discussed with WP5 and WP6 leaders. The new issue tracker has been designed and deployed to manage the requests for enhancement, the reporting of defect, and the reporting of the technical tasks performed by the partners.
No major issues to declare
- Design and set up of a wiki for internal activity and effort reporting;
- Design and set up of a wiki for Infrastructure and VREs operation;
- Design and set up of technical tools, e.g. TRAC;