From IMarine Wiki
Meeting Notes: Discuss offer of iMarine and D4Science platform capability to the Too Big To Ignore TBTI global initiative for small scale fisheries.
Participants: Anton Ellenbroek (FAO), Pasquale Pagano (CNR), Mark Taconet (FAO), Ratana Chuenpagdee (TBTI), Rodolphe Devillers (TBTI), Randal Greene (TBTI)
FAO Finnish Forestry Meeting room; 10.00 - 16.00 and wrap up 16.30-17.30 (in FI meeting room)
TBTI visited FAO, one of the partners in the initiave, to discuss collaboration (Lead M.TAconet) and use of technologies (Lead P.Pagano).
TBTI was represented by their Director Mrs. Ratana Chuenpagdee, Scientific coordinator Dr. Rodolphe de Villers and (remote) thair information analyst Mr. Randal Greene, who prepared several use cases.
iMarine was represented further by A.Ellenbroek.
TBTI's Rodolphe Devillers will visit FAO Rome (TBTI already collaborates with FAO), and a meeting is scheduled 02 July – afternoon
TBTI illustrated their interest in:
- Survey data collection and alignment; proposed on-line forms for Scientists/stakeholders, projects/activities, and resources
- Interactive maps to identify areas for local fishers,
- An app for "glocal" (global version and local versions) fisheries related information
- Collaborative tools for sharing docs
- Semantic keyword extraction and automatic interpretation of texts (at least add metadata from keyword / concepts)
- Learning environment, on-line training courses
An example on-line survey was given here
TBTI is interested in any collaboration, with several limitations on contracting arrangements, hardware issues (hosting location), JAVA software development (some 6 PM), unregistered access, and website integration.
iMarine reacted positively to most use-cases, but (much) more info is required.
A VRE is requested for TBTI to better understand the offer.